Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Shack or the Woodshed?

Since I know that the majority of my readers are intuitive females you will be wondering from the last blog what is wrong today. I am not gonna tell you....except to say that someone I love did something stupid in reaction to a life time of pain. In many ways The Shack is their story too. They were hurt, they hurt others and the pattern continues. They question why God let them be so hurt so young. They have no excuse for hurting others in return. They are now in a situation that I can do nothing about...again. Only our Heavenly Father can heal, the wound is between them. It has nothing to do with me. I fear for them. I hurt for them. I want better for them. Part of my fear is I know they are going to have to go to their own SHACK and work it out with Father just like Mack did. I am ok with that. Been there, done that...more than once. I just realized my problem in the process. My mental picture of the Shack is wrong. When I think of my loved one going to the Shack, I am pictureing a woodshed!. God does not have a woodshed, only a cross! My loved one will be safe and loved in the Shack. I have it on His Authority.

(FYI: The Shack is a fictional book by Paul Youngs and is on the NYTimes best seller list)

5 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

Tears.

Jarrod Haggard said...

I love you, I love them, and I'm praying for all involved...someday, somehow, it's going to click, for all of us, it just has to!

I'm praying that now is that time.

Aimee said...

Amen, amen and amen. God works ALL things together for good for those who love him. Just like the garden in the Shack that Mack thought was a complete mess...turns out it wasn't:).

Don Z said...

God did indeed meet my loved one in his own personal shack and loved them, protected them and is in the process of healing them once and for all. As I told the editor of News Week Magazine last week in a pnone interview, The Shack is so popular becasue it is NOT fiction in our lives. Fathers love is real in our Shack. His healing is complete. My loved one is on the road to recovery because they know and beleive God really met them in their shack....and NO it was not a woodshed. The cross really did use all the lumber for that.

songgirl52 said...

Prayers for continued healing for your loved ones. I agree with Aimee completely.....our Gardens our all messed up in some way whether it is small or large at the moment is up to the individual. Hopefully this healing will sooth all your hearts as you all trust Him to help work in their Gardens!