Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks Mom

Today I am tempted to pray the old Jewish prayer that begins “thank God I was not born a slave, a gentile or a woman”. I’m glad I’m not a woman this time a year. From here it looks like being a slave might be easier, or may be just the same thing, I’ve never been either so I really couldn’t say. From where I literally sit, being a woman/mom/wife/daughter/sister/grandmother/aunt, looks like a lot of work. So much to do, so many to do it for. I just don’t see how you do it. Whoever said women were the weaker sex was not looking at the big picture. Sure, I can carry in the table, but the real effort is what goes on top! My mom was a tireless and great holiday maker right up to the end when cancer took her from us. I especialy miss her this time of year. In her memory Ladies, today I honor each of you for your super human efforts to make the holidays the joy that it is. May Abba bless you richly. THANK YOU for who you are and all the added things you do this time of year. I know your family appreciates it more than they will or even can say. All your hard work and preparations will not be in vain anymore than the preparations Jesus is making for us in Heaven right now.
1PE 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I really wish I could have met your mom, I know I would have loved her. I love the way you speak about your parents, it's so sweet and honoring. Thank you for honoring us ladies too. I'm sure I speak for all ladies when I say, we appreciate being appreciated!!!!!

heidi jo said...

If all husbands get this exponentially sweeter and more appreciate with time, (and mine is already) then I say BRING IT ON!!!! Let the days roll! ;) (OK, slow down Seth's growth... kind of contradictory wishing here.) :)

Doni Brinkman said...

Echoing Aimee and Heidi. But I tend to be more of a Mary than a Martha so I get a lesser degree of this gratitude. :)

heidi jo said...

sadly i'm the same doni... but, i do know that when i get the encouragement for what i HAVE managed to get done, it somehow enables me to do even more. :)