Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Good and the Glory

My phone calls the last couple of days tell me that some people are really upset and scarred with the results of our election. Some really silly things are being said. The worst by far is "could Obama be the Antichrist?" The first time I heard that was when John Kennedy was elected and then killed and all the stories that circulated after that. I have books suggesting it was Mussolini, Stalin, Hitler, any number of popes and others. President Obama may not have been your personal choice and you may disagree with his politics, policies and a whole more. I would have to admit to falling into that camp myself BUT I have been here before. I have voted for presidents since 1968 and have not won all that often. I have tons of opinions that are just that, opinions. What history tells me is that things change slowly and unpredictibly so who knows for sure what will happen? I don't but I do want to tell you what I DO KNOW and what I am supposed to do now.


1PE 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16 Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17 Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.


TIT 3:1 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.
RO 13:1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.


If your candidate lost, don't get to distressed. God is working HIS PLAN. Persoanlly, I hope it includes his final Glory soon, but in any event, He is in charge ultimately and I don't have to understand. Paul lived under one of the worst emporors in history and he said that God will cause all things to work together for our GOOD and HIS Glory. AMEN!

Look for the Good and the Glory.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Well said Papa Z. I am with you on hoping Christ comes back soon. I am so thankful that our God is ALWAYS in control!!

Doni Brinkman said...

You know what - I have never been a conspiracy theorist nor have I ever thrown the anti-christ word around - EVER but in this case...this is the first time I have ever had a little question. Sometimes isn't settling right with me. There are a million reasons America should have felt very cautioned (V E R Y) about voting him into even our Senate much less the Presidency - yet they didn't. It goes beyond politics - his affiliations alone are terrifying. How did this escape America's attenion? I feel like God has given us our King Saul.

Aimee said...

I couldn't agree more with you Doni. I just don't get how so many Americans were blinded by the facts. The media was clearly biased as well. I kept thinking, is he paying these people or what?

heidi jo said...

WAY too many unanswered questions... like the birth certificate issue alone! i'm just floored with you doni... and also, like you, i've actually had 'that' question about him myself. my only hope that whatever the case may be, we'll be home soon... may Jesus save many before then.