Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pre Natal Care?

If you are reading this you likely have seen my daughter Doni’s blog and the pictures of my youngest granddaughter Tori. She posts nearly every day and is an incredible Photographer. (That was a shameless plug for Doni’s blog, Tori is in my arms just to the right on this blog) Tori is…well you know what proud grandpas always say, just pretend I said it all again. Yesterday was a special day for Tori and me. Somewhere in the bonding process she simply becomes a part of you, your bonded. That was yesterday for me. I don’t know why, maybe because I had not seen her for a week. Yesterday she was no longer adopted, she was just Tori. (the legal adoption will be finalized in the courts on October 22 but the real important one happened yesterday. Theirs is a process of words and paper, ours is an irreversible process of heart and love) I’ve been here before with Ty. I know the only time I will ever think about bio parents is when I notice a health issue. Ty’s premature birth was just that, no ones fault. I still worry about Tori. We know nothing of her heritage except the obvious. We also suspect she was exposed to drugs and alcohol in the womb. What effect will that have on her down line? At the moment I would say none but who knows? She is everything you could ever hope for in a baby and I feel blessed we have her in our lives. I’d swear she likes me best but if you ever see her with Tanner, you will know that is not true. How I wish I could be certain that she was protected in the womb by her bio mother. How could anyone neglect or harm their own child in the womb! Up until this morning I felt indignant (that’s a polite way of describing what I really feel) about anyone who would not do everything possible to nourish and protect the one living inside of them. Now I will have to look at it a little differently, with more compassion. This morning I found out I am just as guilty, maybe even worse. I read this from Oswald Chambers:


Prayer is not a normal part of the life of the natural man. We hear it said that a person’s life will suffer if he doesn’t pray, but I question that. What will suffer is the life of the Son of God in him, which is nourished not by food, but by prayer. When a person is born again from above, the life of the Son of God is born in him, and he can either starve or nourish that life. Prayer is the way that the life of God in us is nourished.

2 comments:

songgirl52 said...

Pastor D....I love this post. I absolutely agree about pre-natal care. This world is such a crazy place sometimes and it is hard to understand how people that would give anything to be pregnant can't get there while those that couldn't care less do so in a moment and essentially ignore the baby growing inside them. However, were it not for the people that don't want the pregnancy, wonderful families wouldn't be blessed with additions to their families.
As for the quote for the day, it is so TRUE.....it is our relationship with God and HIS Glory that suffers when we do not pray with HIM. We all need to remember that statement numerous time throughout the day!

heidi jo said...

what a beautiful visual to cause me to look at my own life. so many times parenting turns things around in my mind and reminds me of the very thing i need to be doing to nurture my relationship with the Lord. the childishness in my sone reminds me of the childishness in me towards Father. now, childLIKEness - that's a whole different BEAUTIFUL story. i hope i DO get more of that and less of the other. :)