Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cloud Nine







One of the things I love most about where I have lived most of my life is the view of the clouds. The first picture is the view from our first houe in Apple Valley, California 35 years ago. I grew up looking at the other side of that mountain. The second two pictures are take from my current back yard in Phoenix, Arizona. To me, clouds are an endless display of God's handiwork and a reminder of what he has done and that he is still at work. I have no idea what it means to be on Cloud Nine other than it is always a good thing. I am not even sure who is in charge of numbering them in the first place, but I enjoy them all the same. Clouds play a prominent place in scripture. It was a cloud that guided the Children of Israel by day and shielded them from the hot sun. It was a cloud that told Elijah of the coming rain. It was a cloud that shielded the Tabernacle's Glory from the peering eyes of the Israelites. And my favorite of all, Jesus will come back to the clouds for His bride, the beleivers of earth. I wonder if there is a link to a camera overlooking Jerusalem. Jesus could come at any time, but it seems like it will be on a cloudy day!

1 comment:

Doni Brinkman said...

I love that first picture especially. Gorgeous.